Friday, January 2, 2009

IF YOU CAN'T BEAT EM...JOIN EM. OR. DAMN YOU SKINNY BITCHES!

It's official. Well, it will be as soon as I sign up and pay my money. But I will be participating in the St. Paddy's day Fun (we'll see) Run in Seattle on March 15 (happy 29th Birthday to me) this year. I'm working on accomplishing my goals and finishing a 5K and half marathon are on the list. So I'll start with a 5K! And since it's on my birthday, what a better way to celebrate. I'd be puking from drinking too much so why not puke from running too much! I am going to log my accomplishments in my blog, and you get to participate in all the drama, whining, and blisters! Lucky bastards! I'm such a giver. That will also keep me accountable! (hopefully)
So training starts tomorrow! Biggest loser round 2 at work starts on Wednesday the 7th. So, it's looking like I've got all my ducks in a row.
This should be rather entreating on your end, as I A: Don't like to run, or really work out. B: think I'm going to die every single time I do. and C: I'm infamous for starting things and not EVER FINISHING THEM!
Alas 2009! I'm bout to kick your ass!!!!

I'll get your name later.

PS. I'm recruting fellow fun runners if you wanna play? Tempting huh?
http://www.stpatsdash.com/ Register here, I'll let you know when I do. Cross your fingers for next week.

1 comment:

kjowill said...

Hey...well bravo! I cheer you on as you strive to reach your 5k goal. Right on! Nothing like a series of not-so-pleasant events to motivate us toward a healthier everything...life is just too short to stagger behind our potential. Join you in your madness? HaHa! Not a chance...what are you crazy? Perhaps if it was 0.5k, haha. Is there such a thing? I will however, cheer you on from the sidelines and yell a few Go Erins, you can do it. :)
Talk about madness...do you know how difficult it is to leave a comment on this blasted blog? It took nearly 20 tries and 40 passwords and 20 mimic that stupid name. This is probably why you have no comments yet. Sheesh!
I was determined...however, something we have in common, plus I can be pretty sarcastic myself...we are misunderstood. Here we thing we're being witty and 'those other people' think we are rude. Say What? Anyway, thanks for being my grandson's mom. That said, that's enough. I probably won't be back, too much work. :(