Tuesday, January 13, 2009

LIKE A GAZELLE

In an attempt to follow my 5K training to a T, I decided to forgo the outside running, and take my greatness inside. Yup, I braved the gym last night! Super Duper busy at 6 p.m (for future reference). Ran (not literally) into a bunch of peeps I know-another downside of the gym. Totally raced the girl on the treadmill next to me, unbeknownst to her...she won. Needless to say, my 30 minutes of intense/amateur training went by without a hitch. I didn't drop my I-Pod to have it go skidding across the floor (that may or may not have happened before). I actually felt pretty freaking indestructible when I was done.

I did 1 minute of jogging to 2 minutes of brisk walking for 30 minutes. Pashaw you say? It was hard! Judgers! I have 9 weeks to go from couch potato to 5K.

I find it hard not to sing and dance along to my awesome play list while working out. So, I do it anyway. I did get a few sidelong glances from a couple members of the geriatric AARP work out crew. I just stuck my tongue out and rocked out harder. I might have possibly sang out loud to Alien Ant farm-Movies, and Disturbed-Down with the sickness. I can't help it. I was FEELING it.

After I left the gym with a red face, sweat dripping off my head and down my back, and a little extra hitch in my giddy up. I texted Caity:

Me: I think I'm going to throw up

Caity: EWWWWW

Me: Or Hardcore???

Caity: Nope, still gross.

I think I'll head back to the the gym on Thursday to take up some more training. They have fans on their treadmills--AWESOME!

No comments: