Monday, January 26, 2009

SUCCESS

I used to think that my success was measured by how much money I had in the bank, or by the title of my profession. That my success was linked to the type of car I drove, the shoes I strutted around in, or where I laid my head.

Can you get anymore superficial?

I have learned (the hard way) that those things really mean nothing to me. Don't get me wrong, I would NOT turn down a nice car if given to me, I think you pay for quality, and hard work looks good on everyone.

It's our 5Th Year of Relay For Life Cancer Walk in Lynden. It will be my 4Th year participating. My 2ND year on Committee, and my 1ST year of NOT being team captain. It will be my 6Th year CANCER FREE! In years past I have walked with my Grand father, who will be celebrating his 6Th year CANCER FREE! Yea! We got to go through it at the same time! I have walked with a friend who is going on her 2ND year CANCER FREE, and I have walked with kids that couldn't even walk yet.

I have seen the tears, the smiles, the laughs and the hugs of family's at the event. I have heard, and given the prayers for strength. I have witnessed the strength of one 17 year old girl who reminds me every single day, that we are stronger than anything that can happen to us!

I am blessed beyond words to be apart of such an amazing event. I am encouraged every single day to smile and thank my maker for every single thing I have.

I now know, that success is measured in what you do for others, not what others do for you.

Check out our Relay Video!

http://www.vimeo.com/2845699

2 comments:

Sweet Caroline said...

Very inspiring. I didn't know you were Cancer Free for six years! You are amazing! Thank you for sharing these words. I struggle with the superficial disease, too. Maybe I can say, "Superficial Free..." one day.

Congratulations on your journey of health and well-being. I don't know you, but I am proud of you!

These are the kind of posts that keep me blogging...So, thank you.

Erin said...

You're adorable! Thank you! I like the funny posts, but I don't want people to think I'm COMPLETELY heartless.