Tuesday, January 20, 2009

ON A MORE SERIOUS NOTE...

marilyn monroe Pictures, Images and PhotosMarilyn Monroe Pictures, Images and Photos

I'm kinda sick of "Life's Lessons" But, here's what I know to be true.

I've learned that no one determines my worth but me. I've learned that you are only as happy as you choose to be. I've learned that I want the honeymoon part of the relationship to last more than 3 months, but that's when true colors usually come out. I've learned that life is a balance of holding on and letting go. I've learned that when things from your past keep coming up, you have more to learn from them. I've learned that actions speak louder than words. I've learned that I'm stronger than anything that can happen to me. I've learned that a smile is the very best form of communication.

I've learned that you don't fall in love with someone because you love to be around them, but because you can't stand to be away from them. I've learned that I love hand holding, and winks, and perfectly placed kisses. I've learned that being yourself if the best complement you can give anyone. I've learned that my interpretation of forever, and your interpretation of forever are worlds apart.

I've learned that life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride. I've learned that everything REALLY does happen for a reason, and there is a lesson to be learned in every failure, every heart break, every lapse in judgement and every victory.

3 comments:

Sweet Caroline said...

Wow...*you might want to delete this...

But, I can sure read your words and wonder who you lost. They must have been someone you really fell in love with. However, whatever did happen, I am impressed with the way you look at it. Broken hearts are awful, but a broken spirit is tragic.

This was very inspiring. You can tell you are a strong, strong woman.

Sweet Caroline said...

Oh sorry...I am backkkk. But, I got this cool quote from TJ Maxx there in B'Ham and it says,

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; But often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." ~Helen Keller

It just reminded me of the Marilyn Monroe one--which I LOVE.

Okay, have a good day.

Erin said...

YOU ARE ADORABLE! I fully believe life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. That was my closure...grieving done! MOVING ON! Thanks for all your kind words and always making me laugh! It was kind of a mixture of ALL the ones I've lost/let go and what I've learned from them. There is a lesson in everything huh?