Thursday, January 8, 2009

SEE ME NOW?

I like running (read kinda bouncing/walking/dying) in the dark. If you have ever seen the Friends episode when Phoebe is running and Rachel is utterly embarrassed because Phoebe runs like gumby on meth. Well, I feel like Phoebe. I'm sure (I hope) I don't really look that bad, but the cover of darkness makes me feel better. I'm uber pumped that the snow is melting (finally) and the sidewalks are clear to run on. I have a fully functional and paid for gym membership, but for those of you who know how much of a total klutz I am, running on the treadmill not only endangers myself, but everyone within a 10 foot radius of me.

You: Good job on training for a 5K, that's really amazing!

Me: Yeah, thanks! It's really fun and rewarding. really: I must be certifiably retarded to even being to think this was a good idea. Running sucks, working out sucks, and I suck.

You: So, how far can you fun now?

Me: Oh, I'm working on my first mile. I just started training: really: I can barely briskly walk to the end of my driveway without taking a break, and checking for signs of a heart attack.

You: Do you run with anyone?

Me: No, just me and my I Pod and my super sweet Gym Mix Play list: really: This is true! My play list kicks Major A! I'll post it on here sometime. It's a beautiful mess of Linkin Park, Snoop Dogg, Tool, Pink, oh and Michael Jackson! AMAZING! Plus I'm pretty sure if anyone came across me running, they would quickly move to the other side of the road in fear of "catching" what ever it is I have, and seem to be running from.

Lacin' up the sneaks tonight to do a few blocks! Try not to point and laugh if you come across me.

No comments: