Monday, June 15, 2009

ON A MISSION, AND I'M WISHIN', SOMEONE COULD CURE THIS LONELY CONDITION




These are the totally kick ass new sneaks I picked up from Fairhaven Runners today! Let me tell you, if you need running or walking shoes, this is the place to go! The awesome Marisa had me walk across the store, and she watched my walk, how I placed my foot, and the arches. She said I was "pretty normal" (told you guys!!!) She then asked what I'd be using the shoes for, (marathon running) and asked what shoes I currenlty own. Nike air+ Bowerman series (which I LOVE). She picked out 5 pairs for me to try. I got to run around on the sidewalk outside. (felt a little funny in my work clothes, and "sensable shoes") And I fell in love with these. I'm going to give them a whirl tonight with a little 8 mile jaunt.

I also picked up some Cliffs Shot Bloks. These fun little pieces of gummy goodness are electrolyte chews with caffeine that are supposed to give you a little boost on longer runs. I will also try out these bad boys tonight and let you know the verdict. Picked up some sweet socks too-trust me, VERY IMPORTANT!

So, T-minus 12 days and counting till the big Run. 13.1 miles from Tukwila to Seattle. I get to run on I-90 without having my car break down! That's exciting. Me and Alayna might be dragging each other across the finish line. And let me tell you, we are going to celebrate like ROCK STARS that night!

No comments: