Tuesday, June 30, 2009

FIRST HALF MATATHON 2:46:38



Well, Alayna and I completed our first Half Marathon in Seattle on June 27, 2009! We were blessed to be apart of the Inaugural Rock and Roll Half Marathon! 13.1 miles. Yes, we are slightly crazy, and gluttons for punishment. But now I can mark that goal off of my "to do before 30" list.
My time wasn't as good as I wanted it to be, but let's just say I was ill prepared for the hills. The down hill of about 5 city blocks killed my right knee, which has given me problems in the past. But all bitching aside, I DID IT!!! Today is the first day that I can walk normal, I'm no longer aching all over. I was a little surprised at how sore my entire body was. But, I will do another one. I'd love to do the Rock and Roll one again next year. I'm still planning on the Run Wild 5K at Northwest Trek with my friend Melissa in September. That will be a fun one=) And a 5K might seem like a cake walk for me now=)

No comments: