Thursday, April 2, 2009

I'VE GOT THE BUG

It's official. I'm totally addicted to running. I don't necessarily think I'm that good at it, but I'm addicted. I like a nice 3 mile jaunt at least 3-4 times a week. Thinking I might have to kick that up a little here soon.

I'm doing the Haggen to Haggen 5K in Bellingham on May 9. I'm also hoping to get in a few 10Ks here soon. Also, I'm contemplating signing up for the Rock and Roll Half Marathon in Seattle at the end of June. CRAZY?? I might just be. Can I really train to do 13 miles in the next 3 months?? I'm trying to enlist a few other crazies to run with me. It starts in Tukwila (my bi-monthly weekend home) and ends at Quest Field. There is a band playing every mile. We get to run along Lake Washington, and I-90. It sounds pretty kick ass to me! I've got Baby Bird on the hook to run with me. Trying to get the boyfriend on board, but really, that's not likely=)Check it out at rnrseattle.com

I will start training. And I will kick those run's asses! And I will do awesome. And all that fun stuff. And I will have the super cool t-shirts to prove it. Because really, it's all about the t-shirts!!!

1 comment:

Sweet Caroline said...

I knew it! I keep seeing runners around the hood and I told my husband that I bet there is a marathon thingie coming up...

I want the bug...I wish I could buy it. You never see a fat person running!