Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I DID IT!



OKAY...so my first 5K-actually it was a little longer than a 5K it was 3.7 miles to be exact. I finished in 42 minutes, which to me is such an amazing accomplishment. I average a 10 minute mile. Way better than I thought I was going to do. I was one of 15,000 people to brave the snow and rain (super dramatic huh) and run in Seattle's St. Paddy's Day Dash!

I ran with my good Friend Sheri who was blessed with mile long legs. I think I slowed her down a little, but she was such a great sport. She encouraged me, and pushed me and made the laugh the whole time.

The last 300 yards, I honestly thought I was going to die. But a Friend let me borrow his running mantra, "Not Dying, Can't quit"

Thanks to Tony who made me the worlds best Jogging Jams for my I-Pod that kept my mind of the snow, and rain, and my wet shoes, and feet, and pants and head, and everything else on me that got wet, and frozen. What a trooper to drive us to the run, drop us off so we wouldn't miss the start, find parking, and wait at the finish line to give me a huge hug, kiss, and good game nice hustle slap on the ass.

I have never been more proud of myself. I trained for this, and I worked really hard at it, and I am beyond pumped that I finished something I started. I will for sure Do MANY more runs. I think I've already got one scheduled for April 5.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Sweet Caroline said...

WOW! I am really impressed. I love your mantra. (I can't jog a block...)

And, the weather WAS crazy...good for you while doing it anyway--

Applause! Applause!