Friday, February 6, 2009

CHANNELING FOREST GUMP

Last night I successfully completed a whole mile and a half without stopping and or dying! I KNOW! I was beyond excited to realize what I had done. I was so into my play list (that a great friend had put on my Nano-thanks for that)that I was just bopping and running along. Lo and behold, an entire mile had gone by. Another kick ass song came on (Limp Bizkit-In The End)and I just had to keep going.

I honestly think I could have done 2 whole miles, but my gym running time had to be cut short because I had to hit up a first grade basketball game.

I was sweating like a whore in church and my face was bright red when I exited the gym. I felt AWESOME, and accomplished, and exhilarated. And I left with an extra little dip in my swagger. So, the plan of attack for the next few weeks is to add another lap or two to my running schedule. I want to be able to do 4 miles without dying before the 5K.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Sweet Caroline said...

Gosh, I sweat like a whore in church...while I am in church...And, funny: cause I have that same awesome, accomplished, and exhilarated feeling sitting in the pews. I don't carry the extra dip in my swagger, though.

Just all the men walking around. :)

Sorry--couldn't resist!

Proud of you! Good job! I still need to download your music.

Sweet Caroline said...

Hey girl, if you get a sec--I wrote a post and you are in it. I want to see if I am right...well, yeah, I am always right--but, you know!