Tuesday, February 3, 2009

CHASING PAVEMENT

My ass is officially getting smaller! I know right! Someone at work pointed that out to me...thanks for that. My clothes are officially getting bigger. A little bitter sweet considering I really don't have the funds for a whole new wardrobe, and I like nice things. Mainly a very high affirmation to designer jeans, they are SOOO worth the price.

Training is going great! I'm dying less and less on the treadmill at the gym. People have accepted my "unique" form of running/dancing and are not as scared to be on the treadmill next to me anymore. I did a LOT of hiking this weekend, and felt the repercussions after, it's the good sore though.

Wednesday I'm going to hit up the high school track with a friend to correctly log the 5K. Running outside is WAY different than on the treadmill. So, I might be dying after that one! My dad said he'd pay my entrance fee for the fun run If I didn't die.
He's a giver.

39 Days till the run! I feel like I have to kinda kick it into high gear now. A great friend gave me some great advice "Not Dying, Can't Quit" So that will be my mantra during the run. All the while rocking out to White Stripes-Seven Nation Army, and Icky Thump, two of the best PUMP you up songs! Let's not forget Saliva-Click, Click, Boom, Disturbed-Down with the sickness, and Mario-Stutterin. Kinda all over the board huh?

1 comment:

Sweet Caroline said...

Okay...I need to put a playlist on your blog so I can hear those songs. I am going to look them up. If you want to listen...just go to my blog....ha ha

LOVE the funny story about dancing and running on the treadmill. Put a little plug into what gym you go to so I can get it on Youtube!

I think I will give you a new chant for your running. Something like, "slap that lil ass...slap that lil ass..." Something to inspire the crowd.