Friday, December 19, 2008

EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR REASON

Those words have become my mantra the past few weeks. I stubbed my toe "everything happens for a reason" Maybe that happened to teach be to watch where the heck I'm going. I got a speeding ticket "everything happens for a reason" That was most likely to teach me that cops suck and they are all out to get me.
I find these words comforting when dealing with a recent break up. It doesn't change anything, or make anything easier, it does force me to think about what I'm supposed to learn from it. My conclusion...boys suck! Most boys suck. My latest, did not suck. Which is a new phenomenon for me. The vast majority of my breakups were causes by two actions.
1. They cheated
2. They were a total asshole.
This break up (as far as I know) was based on timing, career, distance, and the future. All things that are completely out of my control. Which makes it even crappier. I was forced to delete said ex out of my phone for fear of calling or texting him in a moment of drunken weakness. *Never a good idea* I deleted my myspace and facebook pages to regain a little bit of my privacy back. (blogs don't count)
While he is dealing with his own career struggles, it brings up career struggles of my own. "What am I doing? Where am I supposed to be? Am I doing what's best for me and my son?" UGH. Stuff that was perfectly fine pushed way down inside me with no chance of coming out and having to be dealt with. BOOOO!
Things I thought were fine in my world, are now brought to the forefront for me to meditate on. "Am I really happy living where I am? Would moving have really been that bad?" Lot's to think about, nothing to worry about. It is what it is. If it's meant to be, it will be. All personal favorites in dealing with stuff too heavy to really "deal" with. So, I'm left with everything happens for a reason. I'm still trying to figure out the reason behind this...

No comments: