Thursday, August 6, 2009

NEW DOG...OLD TRICKS

Can I get an Amen for total slacking?

...NO?


Damn you!


Well, running is still commencing, just at a less consistant rate. Boooo me! I could go on and on about all my awesome excuses, but those hold no water. Point being. I suck ass.

I feel like I'm training all over again. I've been working on my speed, which currently is a little less than snails pace. I still feel like a total moron when I run, and the visual of Pheobe on Freinds is still pretty fitting. But my speed is getting way better! I did an awesome (for me) 9 minute mile (best time ever) last week. But I can really only keep that pace for ONE MILE!

I've learned that I am just WAY too busy to run at night. With the tempatures being in the effing 90's (not complaining, I freakin loved it) last week I couldn't really run at night without getting heat stroke. My answer to this conundrum is to run in the morning. I'm talking like getting up at 5:30 a.m. (on purpose) to lace up my sneaks and run. I did managae to do it once this week. I am planning on doing in again tomorrow morning. And now that I posted it in writing, I HAVE TO do it!

My great friend Melissa is holding me accountable. =) We are doing some 5Ks in August which will be super fun...trust me running is fun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Running does not look fun. Ride the train to Portland at the end of the month to end this stupid thought of yours that hurting your muscles is good, board the train and shop and drink for the night. You will still be awesome! I promise!